Your privacy is incredibly important to us. Please read on to understand how and why we collect and use your personal information.
We may need to revise this Privacy Notice at any time, for example to comply with new legal requirements. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page, and sent directly to you where relevant.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 29th July 2019.
Who controls your personal information?
Name: THE CHELSEA SCHOOL OF BOTANICAL ART LIMITED
School Address: 15 Lock Road, Ham, Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey TW10 7LQ
Registered company address: 1 Park Road, Hampton Wick, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 4AS
Telephone: 07770 750 885
What is the purpose of this Privacy Notice?
Your ‘personal data’ or ‘personal information’ is any piece of information that would allow us to identify you as an individual. The processing of personal data is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) and national laws that supplement the GDPR in each European Economic Area (EEA) country.
This Privacy Notice:
- sets out the nature and source of the personal information that we collect about you.
- explains how and why we use your personal information.
- sets out the legal basis we rely on for using your personal information.
- explains when, why and with who wewill share your personal information.
- explains how your information is protected.
- explains how long we keep your personal information for.
- explains the different rights you have when it comes to your personal information.
- explains how you may contact us or complain about our handling of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect about you, and how do we collect it?
We may collect any of the following information about you:
- your full name;
- your email address;
- your postal address;
- your bank details; and
- a proof of ID.
We collect that information directly from you (or from another person authorised by you) when you apply to be enrolled on one of our courses, when you opt in to receive our newsletters, or when you submit an enquiry through our website.
How and why do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- to review your application and process your enrollment on the course of your choice;
- to administer your membership during your time on the course;
- to respond to any enquiries you submit through our website; and/or
- to send you newsletters (if you have opted in to receive them).
We will not use your personal information in any other way, except if required by law.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
When processing your enrollment on one of our courses and/or administering your membership during your time on the course, we rely on our contractual obligation to you in order to use your personal information as we need that information to perform those tasks.
When responding to enquiries you have submitted through our website, we rely on our legitimate interest in order to use your personal information, as it is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information to respond to your enquiries, and doing so does not disproportionally impact your privacy.
When sending you our newsletters, we rely on your explicit consent in order to use your personal information, as you will have explicitly consented to receive our newsletters.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We sometimes need to share your personal information with a number of third parties. This includes:
- service providers assisting with our activities, including our mailing list solution provider, our payment services provider and our website hosting providers;
- public authorities if required by law or regulation, including the police, HMRC and the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- external advisors such as our solicitors or accountants, in order to progress a claim or comply with our legal obligations; and
- our staff and volunteers.
Do we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA?
We may from time to time need to transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example when we use a service provider that processes personal data outside the EEA.
Where that is the case, we will have put in place adequate, legally-approved safeguards to ensure the protection of your information whilst it is being processed abroad. You have the right to ask us for details of such safeguards – if you wish to do so, please contact us using the details included at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain strong physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information. In particular, we have taken appropriate security measures against illegal and/or unauthorised access to your personal information, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, it.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
Information we collect for the purpose of enrolling you on one of our courses and administering your membership will be kept for a period of 3 years from:
- the end date of your course (if you have been enrolled on the course); or
- the date we received your application (if you have not been enrolled on the course).
Information we collect for the purpose of responding to your enquiry submitted through our website will be kept for a period of 2 years from the date we receive your enquiry.
Information we collect for the purpose of sending you our newsletters will be kept until you decide to opt out of receiving our newsletters, in which case we will delete your information within 6 months of you opting out.
We may sometimes need to retain your personal information for a longer period of time, for example to comply with our legal obligations. However, we will never keep your personal information for longer than is necessary.
What are your rights in respect of your personal information?
You may ask us to do any of the following in respect of your personal information:
- provide you with access to it;
- provide you with a copy of part of or all of it;
- stop processing or using it temporarily (only to the extent it is practical for us to do so);
- rectify any incorrect or incomplete details; and
- delete it (except where we are using it to fulfill our contractual obligations to you).
You also have the right to object to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, please get in touch using the contact details listed below.
How can you contact us, and how can you complain?
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice or your personal information should be addressed to us using the following contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 07770 750 885
- School Address: 15 Lock Road, Ham, Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey TW10 7LQ
- Registered Company Address: 1 Park Road, Hampton Wick, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 4AS
Should you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, you may also contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office directly at the following:
- Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- Telephone: +44 (0)303 123 1113
- Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom